DescriptionThe Informaticist 1 coordinates with other analytics, IT and business areas across the organization to ensure work is completed with insights from knowledge SMEs. The Informaticist 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Informaticist 1 leverages its advanced knowledge of data, modeling, optimization, and tools. Applies disciplined analytics to predict behavior and optimize programs and products to maximize revenue growth. Utilizes advanced or predictive modeling to develop, test and validate cases that improve the outcomes and quality of the programs we offer. Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates. Understands and analyzes complex data, articulates to various units within the company at the appropriate level, impacts the business from mathematical concepts which have a potentially sizeable dollar impact on the business. Understands own work area professional concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities, and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional standards with some interpretation.
ESS Analytics is an Enterprise Shared Services team focused on reporting and analytics supporting Humana’s Service Operations. The team is focused on converting data to actionable insights our business partners can utilize to reduce administrative cost and improve the customer’s experience.
This position will work within the ESS Analytics team. This team is focused on Analytics, Data Consulting, Data Visualization and Analytics. The ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with other departments and leaders to design the appropriate measurement strategy to support the business need
- Possess a proven ability to present solutions using both technical and non-technical models and results
- Exhibit strong communication skills
- Be an innovative thinker with an innate curiosity around data, process and outcomes
- Possess an ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Be self-motivated and possess the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Possess the capacity to maintain confidentiality and work independently
- Bachelor Degree (STEM or Finance discipline a plus)
- Less than 3 years of experience in an analytic role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with Statistical Tools (like Minitab, R, SAS or SPSS)
- Experience with quality methodologies (like Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc.)
- Experience utilizing query languages like Python, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of the healthcare insurance industry
Scheduled Weekly Hours40