DescriptionThe Informaticist 2 coordinates with other analytics, IT and business areas across the organization to ensure work is completed with insights from knowledge SMEs. The Informaticist 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Informaticist 2 leverages its advanced knowledge of data, modeling, optimization, and tools. Applies disciplined analytics to predict behavior and optimize programs and products to maximize revenue growth. Utilizes advanced or predictive modeling to develop, test and validate cases that improve the outcomes and quality of the programs we offer. Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates. Understands and analyzes complex data, articulates to various units within the company at the appropriate level, impacts the business from mathematical concepts which have a potentially sizeable dollar impact on the business. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
ESS Analytics is an Enterprise Shared Services team focused on reporting and analytics supporting Humana’s Service Operations. The team is focused on converting data to actionable insights our business partners can utilize to reduce administrative cost and improve the customer’s experience.
This position will work within the ESS Analytics team. This team is focused on Analytics, Data Consulting, Data Visualization and Analytics. The ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with other departments and leaders to design the appropriate measurement strategy to support the business need
- Possess a proven ability to present solutions using both technical and non-technical models and results
- Exhibit strong communication skills
- Be an innovative thinker with an innate curiosity around data, process and outcomes
- Possess an ability to work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Be self-motivated and possess the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Bachelor Degree (Quantitative discipline a plus)
- Experience applying analytics tools and processes to Humana's data and data warehouse
- 3 years of experience in an analytic role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Statistical Tools (like Minitab, R, SAS or SPSS)
- Proven ability to access data utilizing query languages like Python, SQL, etc.
- Master’s Degree
- Six Sigma Black or Green Belt Certification
- Experience with quality methodologies (like Six Sigma, Lean, TQM, etc.)
- Familiarity with Data Visualization tools - Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining large and dynamic analytic data sets
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing large data sets using technologies such as Hadoop
- Optional programming strength in the following Hadoop tools: MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Hbase
- Knowledge of the healthcare insurance industry
Scheduled Weekly Hours40