DescriptionThe Informatics Lead coordinates with other analytics, IT and business areas across the organization to ensure work is completed with insights from knowledge SMEs. The Informatics Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Informatics Lead leverages its advanced knowledge of data, modeling, optimization, and tools. Applies disciplined analytics to predict behavior and optimize programs and products to maximize revenue growth. Utilizes advanced or predictive modeling to develop, test and validate cases that improve the outcomes and quality of the programs we offer. Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates. Understands and analyzes complex data, articulates to various units within the company at the appropriate level, impacts the business from mathematical concepts which have a potentially sizeable dollar impact on the business. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
Humana is seeking an Informatics Lead who will capitalize on data insights, drive innovation, and collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver critical business impact and ensure exceptional physician partnership and member results. As part of an entrepreneurial analytics-based strategy team, you will initiate highly visible projects and establish and implement requirements while consulting and gaining commitment from key stakeholders.
- Physician Performance Measurement and conversations/alignment with other areas and external partners around Physician Performance
- Be a consultant to internal clients recognizing and pursuing opportunities to leverage physician metrics in corporate and market programs
- Ideate, develop, and execute actionable reports and dashboards by considering trends, competitive landscape, alignment with other provider initiatives, and other factors
- Be an effective communicator who can actively advocate for value-based solutions and educate diverse audiences on the power of physician analytics
- Partner with compatible companies and strategic consulting firms to enhance analytical capabilities
- Continually grow a deep understanding of physician networks, product offerings, and quantitative approaches which produce meaningful results
3-5 years’ work experience in data and technology focused leadership roles
- Masters’ degree in relevant field of study
- Strategic thinking, planning, project management capabilities; organized and detail-oriented
- Strong database software proficiency with experience using SAS, SQL and other relational database tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven record of translating business problems into analytical processes
- Ambitious and confident change-agent; strong advocacy and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to mentor and manage cross-functional associates in data-driven engagements
- Prior experience in health solutions industry, particularly in provider performance analysis, medical claims, or episodes of care
- Experience using BI Tools such as QlikView or Tableau to design and create reporting dashboards and portals
Scheduled Weekly Hours40