DescriptionThe Informatics Principal coordinates with other analytics, IT and business areas across the organization to ensure work is completed with insights from knowledge SMEs. The Informatics Principal provides strategic advice and guidance to functional team(s). Highly skilled with broad, advanced technical experience.
The Informatics Principal leverages its advanced knowledge of data, modeling, optimization, and tools. Applies disciplined analytics to predict behavior and optimize programs and products to maximize revenue growth. Utilizes advanced or predictive modeling to develop, test and validate cases that improve the outcomes and quality of the programs we offer. Contributes to more innovative approaches to financial models as it builds knowledge of the business context in which it operates. Understands and analyzes complex data, articulates to various units within the company at the appropriate level, impacts the business from mathematical concepts which have a potentially sizeable dollar impact on the business. Works with senior executives to develop and drive segment or enterprise-wide functional strategies. Advises one or more areas, programs or functions and provides recommendations to senior executives on matters of significance, and as an advanced subject matter expert competent to work at very high levels in multiple knowledge and functional areas across the enterprise.
Humana is seeking an Informatics Principal to lead the Physician Effectiveness team, capitalizing on data insights to drive innovation and collaborate with cross-functional (internal/external) partners to deliver critical business impact and ensure exceptional physician partnership and member results. As leader of an entrepreneurial, nimble, analytics-based team, you will initiate, plan, and frame up highly visible projects and establish and implement requirements while consulting and gaining commitment from key stakeholders.
- Lead Physician Effectiveness analytics, consultation, and reporting and conversations/alignment with other areas around Physician Performance
- Be a subject matter expert providing guidance to internal partners recognizing and pursuing opportunities to leverage physician metrics in corporate and market programs
- Ideate, develop, and execute actionable reports and dashboards by considering trends, competitive landscape, alignment with other provider initiatives, and other factors
- Drive change through communication and organizational influence, actively advocating for value opportunities and educating diverse audiences on physician performance metrics
- Be a strategic thought leader in the organization, developing and executing on a vision for the future of Physician Effectiveness analytics and actionable use vectors in the organization
- Possess, grow, and evolve a deep individual and team understanding of physician networks, health insurance products, and value-based approaches which produce meaningful results
- 5 years of work experience in data and technology focused project leadership
- Masters’ degree in relevant field of study
- Strategic thinking, planning, project management capabilities; organized and detail-oriented
- Strong database software proficiency with experience using SAS, SQL and other relational database tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven record of motivating enterprise-level impact
- Ambitious and confident change-agent; strong advocacy and organizational navigation skills
- Ability to mentor and manage cross-functional associates in data-driven engagements
- Prior experience in health solutions industry, particularly in physician performance analysis, medical claims metrics, or episodes of care
- Experience using BI Tools such as QlikView or Tableau to design and create reporting dashboards and portals
Scheduled Weekly Hours40