Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Note: This position can sit in any core Wells Fargo location or telecommute.
Our Enterprise Information Security team is looking for a strong cyber security professional to join our Threat Detection Services team. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in endpoint/network defenses and security incident response, as well as some offensive security knowledge to allow the ability to think like an adversary. This role will serve as an incident responder to assess the risk, impact, and scope of identified security threats, as well as leading the response efforts to include containment, eradication, and recovery. Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired, in order to ensure thorough and accurate reporting during and concluding a security incident. The candidate will also play a major role in our cyber threat hunting efforts, including creation of new logic and procedures to identify anomalous endpoint and/or network behaviors. Threat hunting efforts will be focused primarily on identifying advanced threats that are not detected via traditional security tools. Regular collaboration with multiple teams such as the Cyber Threat Fusion Center, Security Content Development, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Cyber Threat Forensics, and Offensive Security teams will be critical to success. This position will help to provide crucial metrics associated with our ability to discover and react to security threats.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 5+ years of Incident Response Protocols and Tools experience
- 3 + years of digital forensics, security analytics experience, or a combination of both, including incident response
- 5+ years of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM/SIM/SEM) experience
- 5 + years of experience with network security, endpoint security, or security threat vectors
- 5+ years of DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) experience
- 3+ years of Incident Management System experience
- 3 + years of experience with one or a combination of the following: networking, network security, or application security threat vectors
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of malware reverse engineering including: code or behavior analysis for endpoints and the network
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
• Hands-on experience with information security tools such as an enterprise SIEM solution, IDS/IPS, endpoint security solutions, email/web security gateways, and other security detection/mitigation devices
• Experience with host-based and/or network-based forensics tools and techniques
• Experience with host and/or network log analysis as applied to incident response / threat hunting
• Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
• Strong ability to identify anomalous behavior on endpoint devices and/or network communications
• Strong experience in operating system and application security hardening and best practices
• Strong investigative mindset with an attention to detail
• Experience with multiple operating systems to include Windows, Mac OS, and Unix/Linux
• Demonstrate the ability to provide written and verbal communications to management to address real-time issues and incidents, including writing formal incident reports
• Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems
• Certifications in one or more of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Network Forensics Analyst (GNFA), Offensive Security (OSCP/OSCE/etc), or other relevant certifications.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.