At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This Information Security Engineer 5 - Information Security Engineer/Developer/Automation Expert position will support Enterprise Threat Services by automating multiple tasks to increase efficiency and accuracy. The person in this position will be responsible for analyzing existing technical tasks performed by engineers, and building tools to automate those tasks. This will require identifying areas where efficiencies can be gained, understanding the existing process, and writing code/building tools that will automate the tasks.
Example automation tasks may include:
- Investigating manual processes which process data, determining how the data originates and arrives at its destination, documenting and possibly recommending changes to the process, and building a utility to automate the importation of all of this data into a security tool via an API.
- Gathering data from security tools through a variety of methods including screen-scraping, and building automated reporting using that data.
- Developing a web-based tool to query security appliances and provide on-demand system status.
Locations: This position is open to all major hub locations, or telecommute.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Security engineering experience that includes knowledge and understanding of recent research and industrial advances in one or more of the following areas: computer and communication networks, cyber security threat detection, cyber security experimentation and testing, innovative research in cyber security, physical security controls and their weaknesses, debugging, hardware and device hacking, or electronics security
- Collaborative professional skills that advance a collegial and partnered approach to meeting objectives
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to build and deliver innovative, industry leading solutions
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- 3+ years of experience with:
- Network security and core protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
- API architecture, creation, documentation, and development
- Advanced security concepts, architecture, operations, and tools
- Maintaining application security based on OWASP best practices
- Various server and desktop operating systems
- Understanding of software development life-cycle (design, develop, implementation, testing)
- Ability to analyze problems to determine technical solutions
- Experience with Qualysguard or other vulnerability/policy compliance scanning platforms
- Working knowledge of Git or other source code repositories
- Familiarity with container based APIs including OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes
- NoSQL database experience — from schema design, indexing, querying, and performance tuning, to replication, sharding, and ensuring high availability
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Interest in continuous learning
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.