At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Enterprise Information Security
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle. Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Note: This position can sit at any core Wells Fargo location or telecommute.
The Info Security Engineer 5 (ISE5) participates in the monitoring, identification, analysis, case management and response actions of a global, complex information infrastructure supporting the business needs of one of the world’s largest financial institutions. The Team Lead plays a pivotal role in the coordination of monitoring security sensors, application, and network data for potential information security events and information security incidents. An Information Security Engineer 5 will be able to rapidly assess security information, identify false positives, and conduct correlation analysis across numerous internal and external data sources, identify information security incidents, and support computer security incident response team (CSIRT) activities. Security Engineers may support network vulnerability scans, security audits, or risk assessments and provide feedback to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to industry best practices.
This role will involve frequent interaction with line of business partners and information security professionals within Wells Fargo Enterprise Information Security (EIS). The ISE5 will be responsible for applying subject matter expertise and analytical processes to rapidly identify goals while following proper change management processes and procedures. This position interacts with management, lines-of-business representatives, and senior technical engineers across internal and external organizations.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 2+ years of payment processing industry experience
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the SWIFT, Intellimatch, Intellitracs, or RFX systems
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of information security operations
- Experience with SWIFT CSP Security compliance
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Logging capabilities
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of Use Case development
- Ability to assist management with duties as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of network and security fundamentals, protocols, and technologies
- Demonstrated experience with packet and network protocol analyzers.
- Knowledge and understanding of cyber threat vectors, how they are used to exploit an information system and techniques and tools used by malicious actors to violate the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information systems
- Experience in conducting analysis of information security data from network and applications security logs and tools such as firewalls, proxies, application vulnerability scanners, network flow data, external data sources and cyber threat intelligence to identify potential compromises
- Knowledge and understanding of software development and network engineering
- Hands-on experience as a system administrator, network administrator, or security appliance administrator (e.g., firewalls, proxies, IDS, IPS, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with data analysis tools
- Industry certification in Intrusion Analysis, incident handling, security operations, or malware analysis
- Wells Fargo Line of Business Experience
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
- Flexibility to address incidents as needed 24 hours a day
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.