At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
Note: The position must be located in Virginia.
The Cyber Security Innovation team within the Cyber Threat Management group has an Information Security Engineer 6 (ISE6) role to fill in Virginia. This position will work closely with the CTM leadership team, technical partners, and business groups to develop solutions and Cyber Threat tools and innovations for the enterprise and will be accountable for developing and documenting tools and services that support cyber threat management initiatives.
This position will support large-scale enterprise technical projects with high visibility and will help coordinate all activities between CTM, SOC, and other EIS teams. The ideal candidate will join a team of application developers and engineers that support a cyber security big data analytics platform that operates using Agile development framework.
This position will also be enlisted at times to assist incident responders to determine the risk and impact of a security threat, and possible mitigation strategies. This position will help provide crucial metrics associated with our ability to discover and react to security threats.
This position will share responsibility in supporting one or more cyber threat tools.
- 10+ years of information security applications and systems experience
- 4 + years of experience with Elasticsearch development, integration or support
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- Expert knowledge and understanding of information security practices and policies, including Information Security Frameworks, Standards, and best practices
- Ability to manage highly complex issues and negotiate solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization; including at the executive level
- Ability to identify and manage complex issues and negotiate solutions within a geographically dispersed organization
- Ability to direct and oversee escalated technical troubleshooting and complex analysis efforts for prompt recovery of major issues
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge and understanding of banking or financial services industry
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct diverse teams in a shift based, decentralized, and geographically dispersed environment
• 5+ years’ of experience managing Petabyte Scale Elastic search clusters specializing in Cyber Security Data
• 3 + years of experience managing Ambari across distributed environment.
• 3+ years of experience working in an Agile DevOps work flow
• Candidate must have knowledge of security threat vectors, networking, network security, and application security. Technologies include IDS/IPS, and netflow analysis.
• Superior customer service skills as the position will require interaction with managers, senior technical engineers, and line of business technology partners.
• Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems.
• Candidate will have a proven track record and have an excellent grasp on or be an expert at building solutions with large data sets.
• Candidate will have experience working with large complex networks.
• Candidate must have experience developing requirements for new technologies and have a proven track record of successful design and implementation.
• Malware forensics experience
• Software Development Experience
• Python scripting experience
• ‘Big Data’ architecture and engineering experience
• Eastern Standard Time zone work hours for meetings is typical.
• Management team for this roles is in Charlotte, NC so regular travel may be required to this area
• 40+ hours a week is normal
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.