This position is responsible for leading all IT risk assessment and security consulting activities to assess the design, effectiveness and efficiency of the IT controls and compliance with laws and regulations.
Major Job Functions/Components
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consistently leads projects with minimal supervision and demonstrates technical proficiency for assigned assessments
- Executes scoping and planning activities, performs detailed procedures and develops final report
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- Provides explanations and information to others on the most complex issues and performs complex conceptual analysis
- Coordinates testing and documentation requests to ensure IT assessment procedures address the objectives, scope and risks
- Assists with preparing and educating business partners and control owners on requirements and expectations for IT assessments and IT security protocols
- Develops strong relationships with key business stakeholders
- Helps monitor and implement new regulatory and IT security guidelines in coordination with related parties
- Reviews work performed by others, provide recommendations for improvement and ensure resources are allocated to meet project deadlines
- Participates on special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- 2 years of relevant business experience, including internal audit or IT experience
- Must have a general understanding of security and risk concepts and principles and how to apply the them
- 3 or more years of relevant IT experience including some audit experience
- Experience in health insurance systems is desirable
- Experience working in a complex IT environment highly desirable
- PCI, HIPPA, HITRUST, SSAE18, SOX 404 experience
- Relevant IT certification(s) (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPT, CSFP, ISA, CIA, etc.)
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.