The Infrastructure Engineer Telecommunications participates in the development of an Enterprise approach to system specification, engineering, operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information telephony infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Engineer scope of control typically includes one or more of the following:
- Telecommunication systems
This position provides technical research and recommendations as needed to supplement the Senior, Lead and Principal Engineer, provides support in the areas of technical support escalation, operational logistics, incident and problem resolution services resulting in deployments with optimal Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) characteristics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily telephony system management of AVAYA CM/Nortel CS1 PBX switches, CMS, AES, Context Store, Aura Messaging system, Experience Portal IVR and peripherals (Gateways etc).
- Perform Add/Moves/Changes to support Contact Center Agent/Skill/Vector modifications.
- Perform Routing changes using Route It to support Contact Center.
- Proactively engage as the Tier 1 escalation point to resolve system, software or hardware deficiencies in existing Telephony systems. This may include performing technical research, developing a corrective plan of action or collaborating with vendors for analysis.
- Provides effective and timely resolution to Telephony hardware and software applications utilizing industry best practices and H&R Block corporate standards.
- Provides timely and consistent communication on overall systems status and operational issues as required by support and customer groups.
- Performs deployments of new or upgrades of Telephony Infrastructure utilizing H&R Block configuration standards and processes.
- Performs routine system capacity monitoring, planning and implementation.
- Implements, maintains and monitors telecom systems with telecom monitoring tools.
- Provides recommendations for improvement of existing services, or new services to the Manager Telecommunications.
- Applies approved standards, procedures and industry best practices to ensure performance, confidentiality, security, integrity and availability of applicable systems or solutions.
- Documents new and existing processes, common tasks or infrastructure configurations and creates or maintains applicable diagrams.
- Follows prescribed change management and governance processes for the hosting infrastructure and corporate IT infrastructure.
- Participates on cross functional project teams to build, deploy, and maintain IT infrastructure components to meet client business needs and internal IT objectives.
- Provide second line phone/IVR/CMS/SBC/CTI/CMS/email/fax problem resolution to debug complex IP Telephony problems.
- Provide technical input for best practices for overall design, implementation, reporting, documentation, SLA’s, etc. for the Telephony and Call Center platforms.
- Vocational or Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Expert level expertise in Avaya/Nortel system platforms
- Hands on experience programming IVR and ACDs.
- Experience on integration for CTI desktop and CTI server applications
- Proficient in all of the following technologies: CTI, Call Center, CMS,
- Significant IP Telephony experience
- Avaya Communication Manager (CM) w/ Call Center Administration Skills, including knowledge of Avaya System and Session Managers as well as Avaya Call Management System (CMS).
- Knowledge of CM Call Routing, Skills, Vectoring and Agent administration.
- Working knowledge of building and managing Agent IDs
- Working knowledge of IP Networking
- Infrastructure fundamentals related to Storage, Network, Compute, Telecommunications, Information Security or Application availability,
- Weekend and On-call availability