Genoa Healthcare, LLC. is the leading pharmacy and telepsychiatry provider serving the behavioral health and addiction treatment communities for over 15 years. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a nation-wide network of pharmacies and providers. We are guided by our CARE Values. What we do is more than just provide medicine. We change lives for the better. And on the best of days, we help people get their lives back. We love what we do. It’s a privilege. It’s a challenge. It matters.
The Instructional Support Engineer will support infrastructure both local and remote involving a mix of Server Support, Network Support, and Application Support for Genoa’s national footprint. Managing, troubleshooting and maintaining Active Directory, servers, email systems, software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested, determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and providing resolution when possible and/or interfacing with various infrastructure vendors acting as liaison to provide resolution.
The applicant must have strong communication, customer service, troubleshooting, and organizational skills and the ability to complete assigned work with minimal instruction and supervision.
This position will likely require some evening and weekend hours to support off-hour patching, upgrades and maintenance cycles.
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Assists in integration of, and communication between, purchased solutions.
- Reviews team work products for quality and adherence to standards (peer review).
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution in the production environment.
- May act as infrastructure expert, answering business and outside partner questions and pursuing/following up with answers when they cannot be initially provided.
- Responsible for problem resolution and correction of production/operational problems as assigned (may occasionally require off-hour support).
- Identify and report system issues to vendors. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Stays up to date with IT technology issues, trends and developments and communicates back to management and departments both issues and opportunities, and assists in developing and improving procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Prepare and update system documentation as required.
- Mentors others in areas of expertise, including current technologies, systems, business practices, and standards.
- Record activities, solutions and other responses to request for service.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Contribute to Genoa technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with business clients, IT management and staff.
- Ability to own deliverables from beginning to end with little direct supervision.
- Possess strong non-technical skills including, but not limited to, problem-solving, work prioritization, communication, self-direction, and time management.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills (written/verbal communication, peer relationships, etc.) in interactions such as customer support, requirements gathering, etc.
- Leverage time management, priority setting and problem solving skills in order to perform assigned tasks, with reasonable levels of self-direction. Work well in both individual and group situations.
- Minimum of five years of experience in infrastructure/help desk support
- Experience supporting hosted solutions/virtualized server infrastructures
- Ability to configure PC and Server hardware for deployment in the field
- Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Remotely troubleshoot and resolve issues in the field
- Adaptable to fast passed evolving technologies and processes
- Experience managing Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Experience with enterprise Active Directory management
- Experience managing Windows Server 2012
- Experience supporting SQL Server environments 2012/2014
- Experience with Amazon Web Services management
- Experience with Group Policy Creation and management
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services in a Farm configuration