Death Valley is the largest U.S. national park outside Alaska at 3.4 million acres, and is renowned for being of the driest and hottest places on earth, where you will find natural wonders unknown in any other part of the world. The Oasis at Death Valley is located in Death Valley national Park in southern California. Just 120 miles from Las Vegas, Nevada and the nearest supermarket is in Pahrump, NV, which is approximately 60 miles away.
The Oasis at Death Valley includes two lodging accommodations: The historic, four-diamond, 66 room Inn at Death Valley and the more family-oriented, 224 room Ranch at Death Valley. The property presents a complete contrast to the desert landscape that surrounds it and features spring-fed swimming pool, 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, basketball courts, horseback riding, massage therapy, and conference and banquet facilities.
Provides shuttle services for employees and guests, handles bags and luggage, and picks up/delivers messages, documents, packages, and other items between properties. May also be asked to cover Front Desk, answer phones, organize patios and public areas, and upkeep guest activity supplies and fireplaces.
- Provide timely shuttle services for employees and guests, observing all California state vehicle traffic laws and company initiatives.
- Assist guests with bags and luggage at check-in and/or check-out as requested.
- Assist guests with escort and valet services as needed.
- Provide positive, informative, and courteous customer service to all guests and visitors.
- Maintains the cleanliness of company vehicles and assures timely maintenance of the vehicle is adhered to.
- Delivers amenity requests to guest rooms.
- Be familiar with details about the Inn and Ranch including various historical significances of the properties, hours of operation for outlets, and current road conditions.
- Daily cleaning/maintenance of lobby, patios/decks, public areas, pool and assist housekeeping with dusting and picking up trash.
- Be able to assist Front Desk by covering the counter or answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 6 months of previous customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Pleasant personality and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly under pressure.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
- Ability to attend to more than one task at a time.
- Must adhere to grooming standards.
- Must be available for both AM and PM Bellperson shifts.
Must have a valid Driver’s license and a high level of understanding for California state vehicle traffic laws.
- Must be able to frequently and safely lift luggage that could be up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, push, pull, lift and stand for extended periods of time.
- Be able to assist guests into and out of the bell van.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
Furnace Creek Resort provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Furnace Creek Resort complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.