Prepare food consistent with recipes, menus and standards; and to insure proper handling of all food-in-process items and the proper presentation of all prepared items.Responsibilities
- Ensure the quality, quantity and eye-appealing presentation of all menu items.
- Properly store and handle all food products, and to promote safe and sanitary food handling techniques.
- Maintain the work area and kitchen equipment clean and orderly.
- Maintain open and positive communication with all staff on a daily basis.
- Ensures that food is properly presented and cooked using the standard product, recipe, and technique to the specified amount.
- All food-in-process is properly maintained (hot food is hot, cold food is cold) and stored (covered, labeled, and dated).
- The work area is clean and orderly at all times.
- The work schedule is observed and all company policies.
- One to two years cooking experience, in fine dining. Expertise as: pantry-worker, prep-cook, fry-cook, egg-cook, broiler-cook, sauté-cook and butcher
- Must be dependable and reliable to work when scheduled and to function productively.
- Able to take verbal directions, and then communicate them professionally to others.
- Must be able to meet and maintain grooming standards.
- Must possess or obtain a California Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of hire. On-site training is available.
- Ability to work standing for eight hours, and must have the endurance to function in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.