Assists the Waiter to service the guests' needs in a friendly and positive manner.Responsibilities
- Greets the guest at the table.
- Clears & resets the table in a proper & timely manner.
- Removes all extra place settings.
- Begins guest service by offering non-alcoholic beverages.
- Assists server in serving food if necessary.
- Keeps side stations fully stocked with silverware and glassware.
- Keeps water, tea, coffee and other drinks refilled.
- Removes courses or rounds as necessary.
- Carries and loads trays.
- Completes assigned side duties.
- Performs other job-related assignments as directed by manager.
- One year bussing in high volume restaurant or one year serving.
- General knowledge of serving technique or willingness to acquire.
- Excellent customer service skills necessary to deal effectively with guests, staff and management.
- Ability to work varied schedules and split shifts when necessary.
- Trained in food sanitation, or willingness to acquire.
- The desire to be a part of a successful team.
- Must possess or obtain a California Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of hire. On-site training is available.
- Physically able to work standing for eight hours, and must have the endurance to function in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Furnace Creek Resort provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Furnace Creek Resort complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.