Ensures a high-level of guest service by greeting and registering guests, checking out guests, taking reservations, ensuring billing accuracy, and answering/directing phone calls.Responsibilities
- Receive all guests and other visitors in a positive, friendly, and professional manner.
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints (and compliments) in a professional and courteous manner.
- Respond to all guest and visitor requests, needs, and expectations in a timely and positive manner.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Answer phones in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain billing accuracy for all guest accounts.
- Keep an accurate bank while receiving cash and giving change per cash handling policies.
- Ensure that the front desk, lobby and back office areas are clean and well organized.
- Take reservations as needed, with a focus on maximizing occupancy and ADR by utilizing a flexible rate structure.
- Receive payment and issue lunch vouchers for tour bus and other groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 6 months of previous customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pleasant personality and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people.
- Computer or hotel computer experience.
- Ability to work quickly and thoroughly when under pressure.
- Must be flexible and open to changes in procedures.
- Ability to attend to more than one task at a time.
- Must adhere to grooming standards.
- Must be available for both AM and PM front desk shifts.
- Ability to work standing for eight hours, and must have the endurance to function in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures.
Furnace Creek Resort provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Furnace Creek Resort complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.