Assist the Inn/Ranch Chef and Sous Chef in the supervision of the Inn/Ranch staff with emphasis on quality, cost control, sanitation and safety.
Involvement in all food preparation and service including Banquets, E.D.R, Date Grove Diner, Buffets, Pantry and Utility is required.
Ability to provide additional assistance for p.m. functions including organization and prep of Banquets and Date-Grove Diner events as necessary.
- Help maintain budgeted Food Cost by portion control, utilizing leftovers, controlling waste, adjusting to meet business levels and working with crew.
- Being responsible for the EDR kitchen and pantry, to ensure food quality and presentation.
- Monitoring FIFO (First in First Out) making sure each area is properly labeled. Working with Leads to keep their storage area clean and organized. Working to help Steward keep common areas organized and clean.
- Ensures sanitation guidelines per Serv-Safe are being followed; sanitation buckets are in use! Temperature checks and logs are being maintained.
- Recipe books and portion controls are in use and being followed.
- Assists in monthly inventory.
- Personally in charge of freezer pulls for each area.
- Responsible for security of kitchen. Locking up, reporting any discrepancies, making sure all food leaving kitchens has an Aloha receipt, BEO, or Amenity Order.
- Working knowledge of Kronos and FoodTrak software. Be able to cover steward’s shift.
- Station checks during shift changes and prior to service. Open and closing duties are being followed.
- Trained and knowledgeable in all stations of the kitchens.
- Work line shifts during slow business periods and times of staffing shortages.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Preferred 1 to 2 years’ supervisory/management experience in a restaurant and/or hospitality kitchen, in multi-unit F&B operations.
- Leadership skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task and be accountable for duties & projects.
- General computer knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical abilities to include: lifting, carrying, bending, walking, standing, stooping, and turning.
Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.