DescriptionHumana needs your analytical skills to help us tell a compelling story about healthcare today. Through the strategic interpretation of data, we provide our consumers with meaningful insights about the choices they make and help them lead their best lives. We’re passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related behaviors. We encourage you to dive into your passion for data and use analysis to help Humana tell the health-and-wellness stories of our members. We’re looking for driven, innovative people who are interested in using their data-mining and analytical skills to help our consumers achieve lifelong well-being and help Humana make lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
The Payment Integrity Professional will collaborate with both leadership and subject matter experts across the Payment Integrity organization to drive strategic interpretation and communication of data across. They will establish and oversee adherence of operational performance reporting through identifying, tracking, measuring and analyzing data to highlight problems, prevent losses, contain costs and direct the development of process improvements.
- Create spreadsheet forecasting models and develop database tools to assist senior management in provider/customer negotiations, to measure growth and monitor profitability.
- Work in a consultative role with various departments locally and at corporate headquarters in creating effective information and analyses in order to optimize strategic objectives.
- Design and build data assets in a way that allows the analytic users to easily query. Ensure these data assets can be kept accurate and current by deploying the necessary automation and operational best practices.
- Enable insights into the data by creating reports, dashboards and other visualizations that help draw attention to the information.
- Takes complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights and ultimately enable them to make the better business decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering and/or related field, or equivalent 5 years of relevant technical experience.
- 2 years of work experience in data analytics, reporting, building user interfaces, visualizations, and data algorithms; experience with Healthcare data is strongly preferred.
- 2 years experience with data visualization & business intelligence tools such as QlikView and Tableau are strongly recommended.
- 2 years experience in taking complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights.
- Proficiency in data query/data management tools like MS Access and SQL.
- Working Knowledge of commonly used MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote, Access, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to present information to a wide range of audiences from individual team members to stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced & dynamic environment providing individual and team based contributions.
Experience with data extraction and analysis technologies such as SAS, SPSS, QlikView, Hadoop, SQL or similar tools.
- Exposure to advanced analytics tools like R / Python; Machine Learning techniques such as clustering, regression and classification.
- Flexible, dynamic personality who works well in a team environment.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40