expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide. If you're looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates!!!
***This is an office based role located in Henderson, NV at St. Rose Hospital. Travel as needed to other St. Rose hospitals in the area***
- Manage activities of the Coding staff as well as abstracting and reporting in compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements. Responsible for continuing education and ensuring compliance with government and internal coding regulation and standards. Acts as a resource to coding staff, Revenue Integrity and other hospital departments.
- Audits, Trains & supervises coding department staff for the purpose of maximizing reimbursement, ensuring quality coding and maintaining an acceptable turnaround time in the completion of unit function
- Develops and motivates a competent, well-trained staff, capable of meeting established goals and promotes efforts to recruit and retain qualified personnel
- Completes and submits probationary and annual employee performance evaluations
- Responds to requests from hospital departments, physicians, patients, families, etc. that ensures customer service excellence
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and concepts effectively across organizational levels as will be working with physicians, Chief Financial Officers, and hospital department management
- Knowledge of information privacy laws, medical record access, and release of information is needed
$5,000 Sign on Bonus For External Candidates
Opportunity to work for a Fortune 5 organization.
- 3 + years of inpatient coding experience
- Must have an active CCS, RHIA, or RHIT coding credential
- Experience with the electronic health record, health information systems and healthcare applications
- Proficient in Microsoft office - Excel, Word
- Undergraduate degree equivalent experience
- 3 + years of leadership experience
- Union experience is a plus
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the worlds large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: CCS, RHIA, RHIT, AZ, ICD-10, electronic medical records, Henderson, NV, Dignity Health, St. Rose Hospital