Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
The Inpatient Hospital Coding Compliance Auditor will provide expert auditing services across various hospitals for Inpatient services. Review documentation and related coding of inpatient services, auditing correct assignment of ICD - 10 - CM / PCS to verify coding and billing accuracy and that coders base code assignment in a manner consistent with relevant laws, regulations, coding and billing standards. This individual will provide education to coders on audit results, utilize expertise to research and respond to challenging coding questions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform coding compliance and quality audits in support of Optum360's Compliance Program and client expectations
- Analyze and interpret documentation from medical records
- Clearly document audit findings and calculate billing error rates
- Provide feedback and education as appropriate depending on findings
- Conduct ad hoc coding audits as requested
- Educate and audit offshore coders and auditors as well as audit and educate new coders
- Stay abreast of relevant billing and coding guidelines
- Associate’s Degree
- RHIA or RHIT, and CCS
- 5+ years acute in-patient hospital coding experience
- Proficient in application of acute hospital coding guidelines, policies, processes and practices
- Must maintain active coding credential by obtaining qualifying CEU’s as needed
- Extensive, current knowledge of acute hospital coding rules, official coding guidelines and policies regarding ICD - 10 - CM / PCS, MS - DRG, and APR - DRG
- Exceptional technical skills in most software applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experienced and comfortable in most Electronic Medical Records and encoder / grouper products
- Comfortable and experienced in leading remote education and training sessions to a group or individuals while using WebEx and other similar applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related concentration such as Health Information Management or Health Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Experience with computer assisted coding (CAC) products
- 3+ years of audit experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, In Patient, Audit, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home