At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
At Wells Fargo Asset Management we are focused on building consultative client relationships with the goal of being known as a sophisticated solutions innovator and an industry leader clients turn to for answers and solutions to problems
The Institutional Marketing Program Manager is responsible for leading all marketing for the Institutional client segments for Wells Fargo Asset Management to improve brand awareness, competitive advantage and target market penetration, while delivering strong client experiences in pursuit of revenue and growth objectives. Channels include Money Market, Corporate Balance Sheet, Insurance, Healthcare, and Foundations and Endowments.
In this critical role you will be at the forefront of creating high awareness of our investment, thought leader and consultative capabilities, and the Wells Fargo Asset Management brand within these client segments by building and executing on strategic marketing initiatives to elevate and drive high engagement and awareness in the marketplace. You will have access to a center of excellence Wells Fargo Corporate Marketing community with deep subject matter expertise, while working closely with Institutional business and thought leaders across sales, product and investments to execute on our marketing strategy for our Institutional business.
The Institutional Marketing Program Manager will report into the Head of Strategic and Institutional Business Segments Marketing, managing all Institutional segment-specific marketing with one dedicated resource. The role is characterized by creative, innovative marketing capabilities, as well as deep digital marketing expertise. With extensive Institutional segment knowledge and a keen ability juggle multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment, you will work across various business and marketing areas to drive disruptive marketing that creates break through awareness and engagement to drive new business.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Serve as a critical marketing leader within the Strategic and Institutional Business Segments Marketing team, mentoring junior team members and providing vision and leadership for the team in partnership with the Manager of Retirement and ESG Marketing and the team Head. Partnering across Wells Fargo Asset Management functional areas and marketing teams, this leader will drive business and marketing goals for the Institutional client segments:
- Provide leadership with end-to-end marketing support for all Institutional client facing teams.
- Develop annual marketing plans in partnership with Institutional business partners that align with business goals, and with a specific focus on digital strategy and execution.
- Execute integrated marketing strategy with the goal of strong digital focus and execution to achieve a broad following of our website and presence as a thought leader and value add provider.
- Develop innovative marketing and programs that disrupt and spotlight our investment management expertise and foster client cultivation and development efforts.
- Develop and execute effective marketing strategies to support the development of new products and enhancing existing products to meet client needs.
- Working with subject matter experts, develop and distribute category-specific thought-leadership that drives brand awareness of WFAM investment capabilities.
- Provide businesses, channels, and functions with marketing metrics to measure and monitor success of programs including return on investment, impact on revenue goals, etc.
- Lead strategies for event marketing to support channel specific goals.
- Partner with dedicated resources in marketing centers of excellence across Wells Fargo to operationalize and execute the institutional asset management marketing strategy. Key centers of excellence include Integrated Marketing, Digital & Social Capabilities, Insights & Analytics.
- Maintain strict adherence to regulatory guidelines for all marketing communications including proactive management of marketing operational risk. A keen understanding of the investment management regulatory environment and a focus on risk are also key aspects of this role.
- Collaborate and influence across lines of business at multiple levels, as well as be able to counsel partners with the ability to connect “dots” across various and sometimes competing/ambiguous challenges.
- Partner across the Wells Fargo Asset Management expanded marketing team to facilitate a “One Wells Fargo Asset Management” approach to marketing strategy and execution.
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- 7+ years of marketing experience
- 7+ year’s relevant marketing experience including deep understanding of institutional clients, investment industry dynamics, and marketplace trends.
- Proven success in leading marketing strategies targeted at driving brand awareness and engagement with institutional client segments including Money Market, Corporate Balance Sheet, Insurance, Healthcare, Foundations and Endowments.
- Experience aligning marketing resources with channel-specific distribution teams to drive exceptional results and client outcomes.
- Experience organizing aligning, optimizing, and distributing thought-leadership through multiple channels.
- Deep knowledge of the institutional asset management industry dynamics, trends and sales processes.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior business leaders to align marketing strategy with segment-specific business plans to drive exceptional results and client outcomes.
- Strong content marketing experience. Experience organizing aligning, optimizing, and distributing thought-leadership through multiple channels.
- A strong analytical background and understanding for how and when marketing is successful in driving positive business outcomes and using data to optimize marketing activities.
- A strong aptitude for technical investment products and markets.
- A team player with the ability to embrace change and effectively solve problems with a spirit of partnership.
- Ability to lead the marketing digitization of the distribution experience.
- Experience managing marketing operational risk and ensuring rigorous standards are maintained.
- Registration for FINRA Series 63 (or 66) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.