Department:GR101_86000 College of Nursing
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Our Instructional Designer provides management and support for all curriculum delivery technology functions and assists with execution of the technology plan for the College. The ability to collaborate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of technology enhanced and fully online courses is critical to the success of this position. The position is responsible for leadership in the effective and efficient Learning Management System (LMS) operation by providing support to faculty and students. The Instructional Designer works collaboratively with all Faculty members, College Systems Administrator, Educational Technology Specialist, and the Associate Dean Distance Education.
- Provides consultation to faculty on effective instructional strategies.
- Leader in the transition of face-to-face courses to an online and hybrid format .
- Serves as the liaison to the faculty and students on matters related to the LMS and other software/programs utilized in the College, handling problems and complaints.
- Collaborates with other College leaders and administrative team members in the development of best practices in using the LMS and associated tools.
- Instrumental in the implementation of Quality Matters initiative.
- Responsible for the definition and documentation of college processes, policies and
procedures relating to the LMS and other software/programs utilized in the College, including development of tutorials.
- Collaborates with College Systems Administrator during upgrades, server maintenance, and repairs to ensure good end-user experience.
- Schedules and staffs workshops and office hours for technical assistance and training related to faculty and student use of the LMS and other software/programs utilized in the College.
- Participates in planning sessions for future technology and e-learning needs in accordance with emerging best practices in educational technology and online education
- Provides testing for LMS as well as interactive technologies.
- Manages the CoursEval tool and other survey instruments utilized by the College.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Instructional Design/Distance Education or comparable degree. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Canvas LMS Administrator experience
- Experience: At least 5 years as an LMS Coordinator/Instructional Designer in a higher education environment
- Effective Communication Skills
- Leader in application of educational technology and emerging e-learning technologies and trends.
- Demonstrates ability to design and evaluate curricula and work across a growing
- educational organization as an educator and change leader; plan and manage learning projects and programs.
- Proven experience as leader in instructional design and technology in higher education
- Demonstrates experience managing course creation through all phases of the instructional design process including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience with Adobe Presenter, Google Docs and Camtasia Studio desired.
- Experience in using multiple computing platforms including various versions of Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as different web browsers.
- Teaching experience in the higher education environment desired.
Elevating the standards of care begins at Mount Carmel. No matter what role you play, working with us means being a part of a team focused on excellence. Join us today.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.