Here at UnitedHealth Group, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our Learning Solutions Instructional Design team is responsible for applying instructional design and development principles and processes to produce effective, engaging and innovative programs to support our internal business segments. As a member of this team you will partner with other members of Learning Solutions and business partners to conduct needs and skills analysis; determine solutions to improve performance; and design and develop solutions to ensure learning transfer occurs and performance requirements are met.
You will be responsible to keep abreast of various design strategies to support online and instructor-led learning. You will create original learning solutions as well as update existing content while applying innovative and creative strategies including but not limited to web-based tutorials, documented procedures, audio and video vignettes, and simulations using various technology tools. In this role, you may act as a project manager over smaller efforts or be part of a design team with focus on larger efforts that may include a dedicated project manager.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Applies a systems approach to curriculum design, re-design and development
- Apply a systems approach to curriculum design, re-design and development
- Participate in the planning, development, and evaluation of various learning programs
- Define learner objectives
- Develop innovative solutions that are engaging and appropriate to the learner audience
- Align with waterfall or agile development method based on business need
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma/GED with work experience will be considered
- Ability to produce quality results using rapid development models and tools
- Capability with the Articulate Suite (Storyline, Engage, Quzimaker) or equivalent online learning development tools
- Experience incorporating multiple media elements into learning programs including audio, video, animation, simulation, and self-developed graphics
- Experience conducting learning and task analysis
- Experience building engaging, effective online and instructor-led learning programs and tools using current and successful strategies
- Experience creating immersive learning solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in applicable field of instructional design and technology
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving and fact-based decision making abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, and Visio) and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Highly motivated and eager to enhance the learning process
- Ability to simplify complex topics and specialized information for learners
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Instructional design, online learning, e-learning, adult learning, curriculum developer, Addie, analytical, design, development, implementation, evaluation, telecommute, telecommuter