Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum –a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Responsible for intake of initial patient referrals, insurance benefits verification and coordination of new admissions with nursing and pharmacy staff. Intake Coordinators are also responsible for preparing and managing paperwork and documentation for billing and collections
- Gathers patient information accurately and completely by utilizing appropriate templates in CPR+
- Verifies insurance eligibility prior to processing order
- Assembles patient’s electronic medical record accurately and completely and manages documents appropriately in CPR+
- Process orders in a timely manner
- Obtains necessary information according to Joint Commission (JCAHO) guidelines
- Obtains authorization for services
- Informs Clinical and Sales Teams of referrals and updates them on the status of the case
- Prepares pending files by utilizing appropriate templates in CPR+
- Communicates / Coordinates referrals with outside pharmacies and referral sources
- Understands diversity of contracts to handle referrals accordingly
- Coordinates the start of care with the patient / caregiver, referral source, and other providers of care
- Coordinates time and initial delivery
- Cancels pending / no-go referrals when appropriate
- Directs patient contact involving: schedule and verify infusion appointments / drug shipments (if applicable), respond to nursing and / or customer service issues, patient financial, and hardships
- Maintain current and accurate documentation in CPR+ / Ask AxelaCare
- Documents patient related activities / information in the patient’s electronic medical record
- Consults with direct Manager on difficult or unusual referrals, as appropriate
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company information
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Gathers and ensures all necessary documentation for chart is obtained
- Communicates effectively with Clinical Team members to assure a smooth transition from intake to start of care
- Check electronic discharge websites for new referrals and updated information, as required (and where applicable)
- Send the initial referral email to sales-onsite to confirm receipt of the referral
- Formulate and negotiate private pay pricing as per limitations set by company
- Scans and appropriately label patient documents in CPR+
- Performs other duties as required
- Possess the initiative to plan for and complete daily activities with minimal directions
- Dependable in attendance and job performance
- Ability to meet attendance, overtime, on-call, and other reliability requirements of the job
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience in healthcare industry
- Ability to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time within the local region
- Comfortable working an 8-hour shift between 8:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Ability to type at least 40+ WPM accurately
- Experience working in home infusion
- Experience in Home Care with Admissions
- Insurance verification process experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Lenexa, customer service, healthcare, telephonic, benefits, advocacy, AxelaCare, Home infusion, BriovaRx