Job ID 40808
Position Location US-FL-Sarasota
Facility Name Sarasota, Consulate Health Care of
Job Category ADCS/ADON
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Assistant Director of Clinical Services, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your position is to monitor clinical compliance with state and federal regulations. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results *.*
As Assistant Director of Clinical Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for the functions of the Corporate Clinical and Clinical Reimbursement Services Department. No supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description at anytime. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities1.Acts as a liaison between the Director of Nursing and the nursing staff.
- Participate in the development and achievement of nursing department goals and objectives.
- Staff development functions/responsibilities. Provide educational programming.
- Assist in the implementation of and monitor compliance with policies, procedures, and standards of practice consistent with
corporate and external regulatory guidelines.
- Collaborate with various department heads to promote positive interdepartmental relations.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of an accurate and effective documentation system.
- Provide direct resident care as staffing patterns demand.
- Act as a resource person and role mode for nursing staff.
- Assure effective interaction with resident and families.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
- Participate in and/or provide inservice education sessions.
- Attend and participate in department/facility meeting, as required.
- Assist surveyors and inspectors to facilitate regulatory compliance, as per the direction of the director of Clinical Services.
- Access continuing education opportunities, appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Must complete preceptor training.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them
into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Must possess a current CPR certification.
Must have a minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility. Minimum of one (1) year of management experience preferred.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills required to provide care appropriate to the age-related need of the residents served.
- Must possess knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to facility function.
- Must possess knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirement.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients