Genoa Healthcare, LLC. is the leading pharmacy and telepsychiatry provider serving the behavioral health and addiction treatment communities for over 15 years. We are a rapidly growing and successful organization with a nation-wide network of pharmacies and providers. We are guided by our CARE Values. What we do is more than just provide medicine. We change lives for the better. And on the best of days, we help people get their lives back. We love what we do. It’s a privilege. It’s a challenge. It matters.
We seek a Pharmacist Intern who under strict supervision and in accordance with established procedures, dispenses and compounds prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals for patient care, according to professional standards and state and federal regulatory requirements.Responsibilities
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform professional duties and responsibilities associated with the processing of prescriptions in a mental health clinic pharmacy environment.
- Distribute drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners.
- Provide information to customers about medications and their use.
- Strong focus on providing a superior level of customer service.
- Log data into the computer.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws of the applicable State Board of Pharmacy.
- Be available as scheduled within regular hours of operation.
- Any other usual and customary pharmacy duties.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Ability to effectively multi-task and remain flexible to change.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and organize.
- Communicate with patients in a compassionate and customer-service-oriented manner.
- Excellent telephone communication, typing and data entry skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy and acceptance within an accredited internship