If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Our finance professionals at UnitedHealth Group are engaged in the important work of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. And you can join us in achieving these goals as an Internal Audit Consultant. You will collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else while you do your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for managing all internal audit and risk management consulting activity within designated specialty areas for the company. Responsible for leading the performance of the financial, business process and information systems audits and special projects to assess the existence, effectiveness and efficiency of the business controls, financial information, and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Lead in the development and execution of internal audits including audit planning, detailed audit procedures and related testing and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards, including financial (Sarbanes-Oxley testing) and operational
- Prepare clear, accurate and complete work papers in accordance with department quality standards; meet project timelines and deliverable due dates
- Review work performed by others, provide recommendations for improvement and ensure resources are allocated to meet project deadlines
- Identify audit issues and perform root cause analysis with practical corrective solutions; act a key resource on complex issues while motivating and leading project teams
- As necessary, perform follow-up on assigned audit report action plans to ensure that the business partners have completed agreed upon action
- Participate on special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of relevant business experience (audit, process consulting and project management, or similar)
- Leadership experience over projects and/or teams
- Understanding of risk assessment and process management
- Internal audit experience and/or consulting/advisory experience
- Understanding of internal control concepts and their practical application
- Understanding of auditing concepts and principles and how to apply them
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal control experience
- Healthcare Industry or Public Accounting experience
- Experience in health insurance systems
- Pursue audit, assurance or risk related certification
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Audit, Auditor, Assurance, Associate, Internal, Risk, SOX, Process, Lead, Senior, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota