OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) serves the communities within Orange and Los Angeles counties in beautiful Southern California. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, we strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model. At OCMG, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can-do culture—we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare Medical Group is now part of the OptumCare division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a new Geriatric or Internal Medicine Physician to join our team!
- Examines, diagnoses and treats patients for acute injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsels and educates patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Documents items such as: appropriate chief complaint, past medical, family, and social history, review of systems, examinations, medications, allergies, assessment and plan
- Formulates diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribes and administers medications, therapies, and procedures
- Orders lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provides advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintains quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Active and unrestricted California medical license
- Board Certified in Geriatric or Internal Medicine
- 1 or more years of Outpatient Clinic experience
- Current and unrestricted DEA certificate required
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Bilingual in Korean preferred
- Managed Care/IPA/Health Plan experience
Careers with OptumCare. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Physician, Geriatrician, Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, IM, Outpatient clinic, Managed Care, Korean, Seal Beach, CA