The Practice Manager oversees an international best practice research program serving health care organizations, including providers, payers and governments. She or he partners with sales and account management colleagues from our major international markets (Canada, Latin American, Europe, Middle East and Australia/NZ) and leads a dedicated research team to provide valuable insight for executives working in the various global health care economies.
Practice managers are placed on teams based on experience, need, timing and placement preference. Our international research teams focus on best practice business and operations research across the health care spectrum, including programs focused in the provider and payer space.
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
- Project management
- Develop and execute a comprehensive research agenda
- Provide intellectual direction to research team
- Lead discussions among research team regarding findings
- Adhere to project deadlines
- Program management
- Develop exceptional market knowledge and understanding of leading-edge issues in our core markets
- Build collaborative relationships with researchers across all Advisory Board membership programs
- Answer research questions from members
- Help develop annual plans for research initiatives, meetings, and other deliverables
- Conduct on-site presentations (including 3-5 international trips to our key markets) and web-conferences for membership
- Provide direct support for sales and renewal efforts across markets
- Product quality assurance
- Display mastery of terrain
- Determine how existing Advisory Board research can serve members and create appropriate deliverables
- Cultivate relationships with progressive health care thought leaders to guide research efforts
- Ensure deliverables are completed efficiently and effectively
- Develop constructs for presenting findings clearly and logically
- Lead and partake in speech and research writing
- Staff management
- Provide constructive formal and informal feedback to team members
- Set team goals and define roles clearly through workload management and delegation
- Include staff in decision-making process and empower staff to make decisions independently
- Contribute to career pathing, work force planning and talent identification
Additionally, Practice Managers are expected to readily attach to feedback and manage teams positively towards aggressive goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Unflagging attention to detail and commitment to managing deadlines
- Experience managing a research, sales, or service team
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- Conducting long-term (at least 3 months in duration) research
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in health care
- Writing in-depth reports in an academic or professional setting
- Experience in sales, delivery, or consulting to hospitals or healthcare vendors
- MBA, MPH, or other advanced degree
- Understanding of strategic and operational issues facing international hospital and health systems
- Demonstrated project leadership and staff management skills
- Proven abilities in thought leadership, and quantitative and analytical tools
- Experience with client/relationship management, particularly senior executives
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.