Provide general interpreting services for Limited English Proficient patients/guests receiving care in a clinical environment at Regional Pediatric Services.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitates verbal and written communications between clinical staff and LEP patient/guests.
- Assesses and monitors patients' accurate understanding of information conveyed from clinical staff to patients and vice-versa.
- Ensures that communications between clinical staff and LEP patients/guests are culturally and linguistically appropriate.
- Records and documents interpretation activities according to departmental standards, including noting patient's concerns, issues related to risk management directives, or violations of hospital policies.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation according to departmental guidelines.
- Provides administrative support to department staff between patient encounters and assignments such as filing charts, preparing charts for scanning, and checking-in patients.
- Assists clerical staff by phoning LEP patients to remind them of appointments or to reschedule missed appointments.
- Adheres to medical interpreted code of ethics.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Education, Certification/Experience Requirements: College graduate preferred. Viable candidates must successfully complete medical interpretation qualification assessment. A minimum one-year experience interpreting in a healthcare environment is desired. Successful completion of medical terminology and medical interpretation training are preferred. Five years of applicable and relevant experience will be considered in lieu of education qualifications.
Language Skills: Must be bilingual in English and Spanish with strong verbal and written skills in both languages.
Computer Skills: Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel computer programs desired.