Drive buses while providing narrative tours to Grand Canyon visitors. Provide taxi service as needed in the Grand Canyon Village/Tusayan area.
- To provide Grand Canyon National Park guests with a narrated, thematic experience that allows guests to make personal connections to the resources of the Park while safely transporting guests on a DOT regulated Tour Bus.
- Use established Primary Park Themes to provide guests of Grand Canyon National Park and Grand Canyon Railway with a compelling link between the tangible and visible resources found along the Grand Canyon South Rim with the intangible and inherent meanings found within those resources in a way that allows the guest to make their own connections to the place.
- Using effective interpretive techniques and a thematic narrative to assist the National Park Service in imparting the mission, vision, purpose, and goals of Grand Canyon National Park to our guests.
- Provide knowledgeable, accurate, and resourced information on Xanterra South Rim services and facilities to passengers, guests and visitors as requested.
- Successfully pass NAI Certified Interpretive Guide Course (32 hours). Once certified, keep and maintain active CIG certification (40 hours, every 4 years of continued Interpretive Education)
- Responsible for a clean and neat appearance in the prescribed uniform.
- Provide for the safety of all clients and adhere to all Risk management policies while performing tasks.
- Drive village taxi service as scheduled by dispatch.
- Utilize proper radio communications at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Conduct pre-trip/post-trip inspections of the assigned vehicle, including oil, radiator fluid levels, plug in cords and tires.
- Report any vehicle maintenance or performance problems to Tour Bus Manager or Dispatcher on Duty immediately.
- Comply with all Federal Motor Carrier safety regulations.
- Successfully complete the Xanterra Defensive Driving Course.
- Report any motor vehicle accident, regardless of how minor, immediately to Dispatcher on duty.
- Continuous improvement for identified areas of the Interpretive Tour Guide audits performed by Xanterra South Rim LLC and NPS.
- Assists co-workers with tasks and shares commentary information.
- Safe and proper operation of company equipment in all weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and engaging manner.
- Good reading, comprehension and organizational skills to research tour information and compile into an effective thematic narrative.
- NAI-CIG certification desirable, or attend and successfully complete the course as it is made available through the Xanterra training department.
- Must meet all U.S. Department of Transportation qualifications as mandated by FMCSR Sections 383 and 391 including, but not limited to:
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Possess a Commercial Driver’s License Class A or B with Passenger Endorsement and convert to Arizona within 1 year.
- Possess a required Department of Transportation physical exam card.
- Pass mandated Xanterra Transportation Department driving skills test.
- Agree to submit to Department of Transportation mandated substance abuse testing including pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post accident.
- Comply with all ongoing and follow-up of yearly qualification file requirements.
- Able to meet all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for a commercial Motor Coach/Bus operator.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate the proper 10 codes & two-way radio communication.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply.