External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Research shrinkage and inventory accounting issues. Develop and document physical inventory processes and procedures for the company. Complete scheduling of contracted inventory counting service(s) and monitors performance metrics of those providers. Complete observations of physical inventory counts performed at selected locations where company inventory is maintained.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Identify and Analyze Inventory Results
- Review annual physical inventory results by department in each main store/pharmacy/optical location (including Optical Lab) to identify trends and actionable adjustments that can be made prior to final booking of the inventory
- Research high level trends to determine causes of shrinkage of specific items, categories, or departments
- Develop tools to provide to store management to better research shrink variances at store level
- Complete observations of physical inventory counts in various company locations and recommends changes to physical inventory processes, cutoff procedures, and test count procedures
- Monitor the performance of the contracted inventory service provider(s) and makes recommendations as to procedural enhancements to the counting and auditing procedures used by the providers
- Develop and maintain physical inventory schedule for all company locations
- Develop and maintain schedule communication tools appropriate for the size and depth of the organization
- Complete weekly/monthly monitoring of Ecommerce source system to RETEK count variances
- Complete monthly review of inventory adjustments made by Ecommerce facility
- Review and resolve E-commerce adjustments that failed to post to RETEK
- Observe annual physical inventory process in Ecommerce facility
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field required
- A minimum of three years of Financial Analysis or equivalent experience in retail finance
- Retail experience desirable
- Working knowledge of Excel (Intermediate to Advanced) and MS Access
- Working knowledge of Hyperion is desirable
- Professional and able to communicate by phone and email with internal and external customers
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express. At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts. Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.