Develop and manage eCom investment plans & allocation strategies in support of eCom and total company financial goals. Partner with Merchandising and Company IM Planners in developing product and investment plans to grow the eCom business. Influence key stakeholders to take actions in support of allocation and plan strategies. Measure results through KPI reporting. This is a new position requiring comfort with ambiguity and an ability to successfully collaborate with many other business partners in building new processes within a growing team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable business owner of eCom owned inventory and its productivity
- Collaborate with IM Planners/Analysts and eCom merchants to develop new processes and reporting to identify key opportunities for both eCom planning & allocation across both Home and Consumables businesses
- Partner with eCom Merchants and other team members to deliver monthly buyer margin commitments.
- Manage eCom Plan for Home departments , reforecasting as needed. Responsible for forecast accuracy for demand, sales, buyer margin, and other parameters as determined.
- Develop pre and in season financial analysis for total eCommerce for Home departments.
- Actively participate in the assortment planning process, partnering with eCom Merchants, Company Merchants, and Company IM Planners, making sure that strategies are supported and timelines are followed, all within financial parameters of the business. Develop profitable entrance and exit strategies for new, seasonal and replacement programs, in coordination with Company timing and events. Actively manage eCom discontinued inventories.
- Develop understanding of ECOM allocation “ship-alone optimization” functionality and its impact on available inventory.
- Partner with eCom Merchants on developing appropriate quantities, cost, and selling set size to support core, seasonal shops, and advertising needs
- Coordinate inventory flow to the fulfillment DCs in partnership with eCom Operations and Company IM teams.
- Work with Company IM Planners to insure order flow quantities are appropriate to support eCom financial plans
- Partner with Company IM Analysts to insure CR parameters are set to stay within in stock, DC space/labor considerations, and turn goals by sku
- Partner with eCom Marketing to ensure appropriate inventory levels and site out of stock settings are completed to support advertising needs.
- Coordinate in season pricing strategies with Company IM Planners. Ensure eCom Merchants accurately set up specific location promotions when necessary.
- Communicate all QA and backhaul issues with fulfillment centers, eCom Operations, and Production teams to ensure proper inventory flow.
- Be an integral partner with Company IM, all Merchandising functions, Fulfillment Centers, eCom Operations and Production, Marketing, Distribution Centers, and Vendors
- Minimum 3-5 years Retail/Catalog/Internet Planning and Distribution experience
- Previous OTB management/ownership experience required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to deal with ambiguity and complexities
- Proficient in Microsoft office products including advanced level Excel, Access
- Excellent ability in organization, communication, and presentation skills to influence others
- Bachelors degree required
- PC operation 30+ hours per week
- Business Acumen / Decision Quality
- Ability to Comfortably Deal with Ambiguity
- Clear & Concise Communication Skills – written & verbal
- Conflict Management / Positive Influence
- Timely Decision Making / Results Oriented
- Leadership / Teamwork
- Planning / Prioritizing
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Strategic Agility / Attention to Detail
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.