Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Look in the mirror. You're smart, motivated and ready for something bigger. Why not work at a place that's changing everything we know about prescription benefits? Here at UnitedHealth Group and our growing OptumRX pharmacy network, we're serving more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you'll help keep our high volume pharmacy benefits facility running smoothly with emphasis on maintaining inventory and storage of prescription medicines. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is challenging. You'll need to have a strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in preparing prescriptions for other pharmacy support staff or for our members. Ability to work in a fast paced environment is essential as these prescriptions are critical to our member's health and well-being.
- Monitor prescription drug inventory within pharmacy computer system
- Receive inventory and ensure accurate product receipt
- Assist with discrepancy resolution
- Maintain proper storage of prescription drug inventory in both Pharmacy and Warehouse
- Perform cycle counting activities and complete order processing
- Operate Powered Industrial Equipment such as Reach Truck and Order Picker
- Load up outbound loads to various shipping carriers
- Positions in this function perform various duties related to the fulfillment of prescription orders.
- Dispense any or all of the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- May compound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile/ventilated environment.
- Process, pack and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies and patient collateral (education materials) are included.
- May also perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units. - Clerks, Techs and Pharmacists in regional and local pharmacies may also perform the following as permitted by state regulation: Prep and scan documents, verify member/patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system.
- Contact members/patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on-site facilities.
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical/lab information from computer system, verifies whether order/drug is reimbursable/covered.
- Pharmacists monitor and verify all prescription orders upon creation and dispensing.
- Calibrate dosing pumps.
- Pharmacists in this function may also act as the Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC) which has additional duties to ensure Pharmacy is in compliance with federal and state regulations, professional standards and internal procedures. Note: (If duties are exclusively Rx order creation use Front Pharmacy job function for Clerks, Techs and Supervisors.) Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work any scheduled shift between the hours of 4:30 am - 3:00 pm Monday through Friday (It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime and / or weekends)
- 1+ years of prior experience in shipping / receiving
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: packing, packaging, shipping, receiving healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, prescription, RX, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk