At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
We are seeking two individual contributors to participate in and drive various development initiatives for Wells Fargo Asset Management’s Separately Managed Account (SMA) Product Line or Mutual Fund Product Line. These individuals will be part of a small team, with a high impact on the organization's profitability and success by leading construction efforts designed to keep our SMA / Mutual Fund product lines and capabilities at the forefront of the industry.
The Investment Product Managers will have specific responsibility for translating product development initiatives into specific designs and action plans for the Product Lines. The proposals generated by these individuals will be reviewed by various Sales, Product, and other functional departments in the firm. In addition to the primary focus of building out new investment vehicles, the SMA role will have product management responsibilities for the full retail SMA product line.
The individuals hired into these roles will have a blend of business, operational and investment skills. Additionally, candidates will have a strong working knowledge of competitive forces in the retail investment products industry. This knowledge will allow the successful candidate to act as a subject matter expert for the product line helping to drive the operationalization of development ideas.
- Partner closely with Product Development, Investments, Sales and other functional groups for discovery of opportunities as well as implementation.
- Communicate and present initiatives broadly across our organization, at both senior and staff levels.
- Influence senior leader decision making and successfully negotiate critical issues related to initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate in a matrix environment both within the Product Management team and beyond to execute product enhancement initiatives
- Lead large and strategically significant cross functional projects ensuring alignment with the vision and objectives for the solution
- Assist in the definition of short and long-term strategy and deliverables targeted at enhancing the existing product lineup
- Monitor regulatory changes and updates and quickly identify business impacts and action plans
- Develop and support implementation of go to market plans and strategy for new initiatives
- Develop and maintain effective communication skills including executive presence, and delivering complex materials to various levels within the organization
Preferred location is Boston, MA or San Francisco, CARequired Qualifications
- 10+ years of investment industry product experience
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or comparable professional designation
- Ability to evaluate risks and the impact of decisions on an overall organization
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of business planning and analysis
- Strong analytical skills including analysis of financial metrics
- Strategic planning and development experience specific to Mutual Funds or Separately Managed Accounts
- Product Development and Product Management experience in an investment management/separate account environment is required
- Investment knowledge at both the macro level as well as the individual product level
- Proven success in directly facilitating cross-functional teams; Ability to interface with all functional areas of the fund company, including Sales, Investments, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Tax, Accounting, etc
- Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal and communication skills to convey complex ideas, and develop consensus.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.