At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
This role is for an Investment Product Specialist supporting multiple investment teams across Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM), reporting into the CAO.
A hands-on role for an Investment Product Specialist to support/lead investment business requirements across equity, fixed income, and multi-asset teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively represent investment teams and interface with senior leaders across functional WIM and WFC shared support areas (Technology, Risk, Product, compliance, governance, finance, HR) delivering on key first line business requirements on behalf of investment teams
- Develop, implement and execute investment and embedded business planning processes, complying with corporate policy requirements, operational policies and procedures, new business initiatives, and program development.
- Act as research manager and sell-side liaison leader for investment teams, providing oversight and management of external research consumption at the firm investment level. Evolve and manage our investment team external research strategy, improving and evolving our external research consumption. This includes developing innovative programs, quantitative tools, platforms and leading effective investment team implementation of regulatory requirements (MIFID II).
- Coordinate, prioritize and ensure alignment of resources across all functional WFAM, WIM and Enterprise groups.
- Drive investment product outcomes through representing/supporting investment teams through new product requirements and approvals
- Build effective partnerships and work collaboratively across teams to get things done
- Build strong, diverse project teams with effective bench strength
- Provide leadership and guidance in stewarding the organization through change, integrating different points of view and driving accountability.
Key Behaviours Required:
- Leadership – Effectively represent investment teams across Clients, Prospects, WFAM, WIM and WFC Key leaders and stakeholders with excellent communication skills across different areas of expertise and seniority
- Organization – Strong organizational development and management skills
- Execution – proven ability to provide hands on execution of key duties and tasks. No project/task too big or too small attitude and accountability.
- Decision Making – strong decision making capabilities and ability to effectively navigate complex business/corporate dynamics and projects.
- Analytical – Strong analytical skills necessary in order to resolve complex product and operational issues affecting investment teams.
- Communication expertise – Promote effective and on-going communication, fostering a culture of trust and engagement amongst and between all key stakeholders.
- Business Initiative Capabilities – Full understanding of investment business and ability to self-initiative to learn
- Risk Management – strong focus and emphasis on effective investment risk management
- Team Work – Team player, used to work in dynamic work setting, showing ability to motivate team members to deliver high-quality output while ensuring a good team atmosphere
- 10+ years of investment management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 8+ years of investment industry experience with strong product knowledge across equity, fixed income, and multi asset.
- Strong Leadership, management and business experience in investment management.
- Proven experience and understanding of institutional investment process, trading systems, regulatory requirements, investment compliance and operations, and client/sales support.
- Proven experience building strong relationships across portfolio managers, sales managers, relationship managers, and business leaders.
- Proven experience in effectively representing investment teams and/or firm to clients and prospects.
- Excellent communication, organizational and business and project execution skills.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.