We have an excellent opportunity on our team for a self-motivated individual with the proven ability to work in a fast paced Accounts Payable department. This position will be based in our Union, NJ corporate headquarters.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, analytical, organized, have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and able to multi-task while working in a fast paced, high volume environment. Prior accounts payable and/or accounts receivable experience in a retail environment is a plus.
- Reconcile invoices with purchase orders and receivers for variances such as proof of delivery, item shortage, pricing discrepancies, etc.
- Communicate timely and effectively with stores via email.
- Enter invoices timely and accurately into the accounts payable system.
- Process past due invoices and shortage claims.
- Create freight claims with carriers.
- Follow through on disputes for resolution.
Our general requirements and core competencies include:
- Detail oriented, accurate, organized, and reliable.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.