What We Are Looking For
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to help guests find their ultimate Yellowstone experience—all while working to protect and preserve the park for future generations. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
What You Are Looking For
- Are you interested in working, living, and being an ambassador in Yellowstone National Park?
- Are you looking to make friends with people from all over the world?
- Do you have a positive attitude and solid work ethic?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment?
- Are you seeking upward mobility and growth opportunities?
- Are you looking to gain experience in tourism & hospitality operations?
- Are you enthusiastic about Xanterra’s sustainability initiatives?
If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, a job in Yellowstone is ideal for you!
We have immediate openings available for the 2019 season. Ideally, you will be available to work a full season (now through October 2019). If living, working, and exploring in Yellowstone sounds intriguing and exciting to you, please read on.
- Start Date: April 2019
- Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal (ideally full season or early/late season)
- Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week.
- Perks include:
- Low-cost housing (dormitory style) and meals (cafeteria style) provided
- Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) provided
- Free Employee Recreation Program (hiking, biking, photography, camping, wildlife watching, educational programs, film series, sports competitions, and more!)
- Exclusive discounts in and around Yellowstone
- Living in the world’s first National Park
A Day in the Life
IT Technicians provide direct support for the applications and hardware used throughout the property. They work directly with the Regional Director of IT and/or Director of IT on more sophisticated issues/projects and assists IT Technician I employees with areas that are more complex. Individuals are also responsible for computer operations tasks that need to be completed in the data center when assigned these responsibilities. The IT & Computer Support department is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the computers and related equipment at each property in Yellowstone through site visits, as well as over the phone.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
Associates degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology, Hospitality Administration or Accounting preferred. Work experience can be substituted for degree with two years of work experience preferred. Project Management skills are preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products is required. In addition, proficient in using the Internet for job-related research is also required. Experience with the following technologies is preferred: Lawson ERP, Raymark Retail System, Aloha Food & Beverage System, PBX/Telephone Systems and TV/Cable Systems. In addition, working knowledge of hardware and computer equipment is also required.
What We Believe
At Yellowstone National Park Lodges, we are a welcoming community who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone National Park. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection family, we embrace a “naturally different” lifestyle that allows you to live, work, and explore one of the most beautiful places on earth. We are a company based on values that reflect an environmental ethic and social conscience – for the long-term. “Our Softer Footprint” focuses on how we reduce our environmental impact through our comprehensive environmental initiatives. Our business practices exemplify environmental stewardship, and a desire to protect and preserve our public lands.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.