Ready to raise your game by a quantum leap? At Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. We've spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster. We've developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow. And we've created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses. Now, we invite you to bring your knowledge of enterprise architecture and standards to assist in the development, communication and implementation of our evolving technology architecture.
In this IT Solution Architect role within the Financial Services Architecture team you will be responsible for architectural direction for new technology solutions as well as modernizing our existing applications to support our rapidly growing Financial Services business.
- Collaborate with the business to understand/influence business requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends
- Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (i.e. architecture reviews)
- Incorporate framework selection and application architecture into designs, proof of technology projects, and contributing working code, while ensuring alignment with portfolio technology
- Develop and maintain Architecture artifacts, technical designs, strategy documents and other technical artifacts
- Mentor & provide Subject Matter Expertise to the development teams as needed
- Accelerate the adoption of new technologies and patterns by building prototypes and leading technology sharing sessions with the broader Financial Services IT teams
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in IT Solution Delivery and architecture
- 3+ years of experience in an agile delivery environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply process, architecture and software engineering principles, methods and tools to business challenges
- Experience in the financial services industry
- TOGAF certification
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.