Department:OH1CH_71500_000 Mchp Information Resources
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Job Description Details:
The IT Business Analyst will provide assistance to the Director, Project Management by assuring that business process improvement projects are well-reasoned, adequately defined and properly documented. The IT Business Analyst will collaborate with business users and technical staff in creating business specifications, timelines, process models and other documents necessary to complete process or application improvement projects with a high degree of accuracy. This person will also produce documentation and analyses that contribute to the successful operation of the Mount Carmel IS team.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience required
- Experience: Three or more years working in a business analyst role or managing/coordinating information technology projects.
- Effective Communication Skills; Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrates strong analytical problem solving ability
- Demonstrates outstanding technical writing skills
- Working knowledge of medical claims processing
- Ability to formulate sound business processes and procedures
- Demonstrated results related to business process improvement activities.
- Experience evaluating or authoring technical specifications or requirements documents
- Work with business units to create specifications documents for reports, system enhancements, and other information technology projects
- Act as a liaison between business users and technical personnel of third-party vendors
- Create business requirements documents
- Assess business processes to find opportunities for automation
- Write process documents for business area end users
- Document technical systems and processes
- Assess proposed technical solutions for conformance to specifications and business needs
- Create test cases relevant to technical solutions
- Assess results of test cases and track identified defects with technical personnel
- All other duties as assigned.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.