BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
IT CLOUD ENGINEER
As a member of the Cloud Operations and Engineering team, Cloud Engineer will design, build, deploy and support highly available systems and solutions in AWS. Infrastructure programming background is highly preferred. If you are a good programmer with passion for Infrastructure as code, this could be a great opportunity for you!
- Manage and prioritize multiple work streams across different projects and business units.
- Work in a very Agile environment with DevSecOps mindset and tools
- Work with CI CD tools to deliver Infrastructure as code – Bamboo, Bit Bucket, Jenkins, Git, Nexus, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Codepipeline.
- Build systems using AWS compute (EC2, ECS – Docker, ECR), Storage (S3, EBS, EFS) and Database (RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, ElastiCache).
- Manage availability, configuration and compliance with AWS Management tools – CloudFormation, Autoscaling, CloudWatch, Systems Manager, Config, CloudTrail & Puppet PE.
- Understand, measure and monitor availability and performance against operational metrics.
- Manage Security, Identity with AWS IAM, KMS, Certificate Manager, Secrets Manager.
- Support AWS Analytics solutions in production use – AWS EMR, Data Pipeline, RedShift.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 7x24 support to production environments.
- Bachelor of Science or Technology with 1+ years of experience provisioning and managing infrastructure as code.
- 1+ years of professional experience developing software in either Python or Java.
- 1+ years of AWS experience required
- ECS, ECR and Docker: Deep experience with managing containers at scale in the Elastic Container Service
- Auto-scaling: Deep experience with Application Load Balancer, auto scaling groups and launch configurations
- AWS Monitoring: Experience with CloudWatch, CloudTrail, S3 access logs, ALB logs and AWS Config to manage holistic portfolio of applications in AWS across multiple accounts.
- Lambda: Experience with creating functions, understanding triggers, proper use cases.
- IAM: Experience with creating and managing IAM roles and policies.
- S3: Experience with creating buckets, policies, lifecycle management, and logging.
- AWS CLI experience
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.