Lead the best and brightest in technology to transform health care as we know it.
Want a meaningful and impactful challenge? At Optum, we're helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. It takes visionary technical leaders, like you, to achieve such historic change. Here, a technology leadership career will allow you the opportunity to inspire large teams comprised of highly talented, technical professionals to solve some of the toughest challenges we face and to transform the health care industry. You strive to lead and enable significant change in people's lives. This is your opportunity to do just that. As a Director of System Reliability Engineering, you will be helping people live healthier lives when you bring your expertise, passion, energy, focus and all-in approach to work every day. This is the place where you can do your life's best work.(SM)
In this dynamic technology leadership role, you will provide cross-functional leadership, guidance and accountability for the performance of senior level professional staff as part of an organization that is ushering in transformative change throughout the Optum enterprise. You will manage implementation of leading edge technologies and capabilities, guiding elite engineers as drive and manage high-quality execution and operational excellence, delivering technology solutions, meeting business needs, and maximizing customer experience, growth and retention on their individual applications. Your strategic vision, tactical excellence and consultative skills will enable others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines, and ultimately, the lives of millions.
This role will be leading Engineers on cross-functional teams supporting the System Reliability Engineering (SRE) program at Optum. The ideal candidate has multiple years experience with SRE, is a self-starter, innovative, and not afraid to challenge the status quo. Successful candidates have a proven ability to network, influence without direct authority, and quickly build relationships to work cross-functionally to achieve a desired result. Candidate will be responsible for the success of SREs not in their direct organization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders on all aspects of the Site (System) Reliability Engineering discipline
- Lead Engineers growing into an SRE role, driving reliability throughout the Enterprise
- Create, Manage and Report against specific improvement projects.
- Communicate status of various projects to all levels of leadership
- Provide leadership, guidance, and personal development to newly identified SREs
- Drive results through increasing reliability of applications and failover capabilities
- Guide Reliability via Enterprise Transformation, influencing teams as they work towards maintaining 99.99% reliability targets, and beyond.
- Lead change and innovation - pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes - drive and mange high-quality execution across organizational lines
- Demonstrate integrity and ethical behavior by complying with applicable laws, regulations and policies and requiring the same from others
- Leverage diversity and inclusion to bring in the right talent, drive employee engagement and foster teamwork and collaboration
- Grow and maintain knowledge of and leverage cutting edge IT industry/marketplace technologies and trends
- 6 or more years of professional IT experience, with steadily increasing responsibilities
- 4 or more years of hands-on experience designing and building highly distributed, cloud and on-prem systems
- 4 or more years designing and managing application operations
- Experience designing and building High-Availability applications
- Experience leading teams and/or managing workloads for IT team members, with HR accountabilities
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or Leading a Site Reliability Engineering team
- Health Care industry experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Graduate Degree
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.