The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Design, Develop, implement and maintain Java applications within all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using established processes
- Work with Senior Engineers and Architects to drive and develop solutions
- Communicate effectively with other engineers and QA
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of Java developed projects
- Understand Agile process and take part in scrum planning
- Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & productivity
- Focus on execution of product features
- Participate in software engineering phases including requirements analysis, architecture & application design
- Develop innovative solutions to meet the business needs
- Triage production support issues post-deployment and drive solutions as required
- Build reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
- Work very closely with architecture groups and participate in solutioning
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- Experience with Cloud deployment with Openshift and other containers
- SQL knowledge/experience
- Experience with IDE tools like Eclipse
- Ability to perform quick proof of concepts and provide demos.
- Understanding of SCRUM methodology
- Angular JS and Java script experience
- Experience with Hadoop related tools and technology such as Pig Scripting, Hive, HBase, mappers/reducers, UNIX(scripting), Oozie, Sqoop
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: IT Java Developer, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota