UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum, we are focused on doing things that have not been done yet; helping improve lives in ways that were unthinkable until we thought of them. Do you enjoy working with an elite team, empowered to do your best? If so, please consider this your opportunity to see your ideas come to life. Optum is known for its innovative approach to health care.
Widely regarded as innovators and thought leaders, our executive team has served in key administration roles, on the boards of national and community-based organizations, and in a number of advocacy roles for health care and community - based organizations. We have spent decades investing in the technology and information capabilities that help us bring new ideas to market faster; we have developed solutions that are practical today and scalable for tomorrow; and we have created collaborative teams dedicated to innovation across each of our businesses to share our best thinking. The world will never be the same. And neither should you.
In this Network and Security Engineer role, you will be responsible for the development, communication and implementation of the organization's technology architecture.
- Engineer solutions based upon customer and business requirements
- Ensure solutions meet Enterprise Information Security policies and standards
- Document solutions in order for support organizations to be fully ready
- Collaborate with colleagues across Optum Technology
- Participate in customer facing role developing technology strategies based upon discovery of customer environment
- Travel to support customer requirements
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience in IT Solution Delivery with firewalls and intrusion prevention systems
- 3 or more years of security and network infrastructure experience
- Deep understanding of industry patterns for security architecture and integration
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%
- Healthcare industry experience
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
- Agile development experience
- Experience in managing or deploying web proxies, deep packet inspection, data loss prevention, malware defense or reverse engineering
- Team leadership or team management experience
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.