Job ID 37580
Position Location US-FL-Maitland
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Maitland
Job Category Information Technology
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Management Company employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of the Network Engineer I position is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house voice, data, and video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization.
As a Network Engineer I, you are expected to participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. This position is a non-supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides WAN hardware/software engineering support.
- Provides WAN hardware/software recommendations to improve network security.
- Maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, and service records.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets for network installations, including data, voice, and video systems.
- Support VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including IP-PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure products and applications are implemented within the Consulate infrastructure using best practices.
- Communicate network outages Network Manager in a timely manner.
- Monitors and maintains Network Infrastructure health (LAN, WAN, Wireless) using management tools such as SolarWinds and Aruba Airwave.
- Primary POC for Issues escalated from the Network Administrator
- Provides in depth Network Analysis and troubleshooting using packet captures. Will escalate to higher level engineers as needed.
- Created ticket with vendors
- Installs network equipment and cabling within the Data Centers, Corporate Offices, and Care Centers.
- Support development and implementation of networking projects and new technology installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of networking
- Collaborate with systems engineers/architects for upgrades to operating systems, hardware, etc.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems.
- Prepare, maintain, and adhere to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works in office areas, datacenters, IDF/MDF carrier closets and healthcare facilities.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must participate in 24/7 on call rotation
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on other shifts/positions as necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Communicates with nursing personnel and other department personnel.
- Additional working hours as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with vendors, suppliers, service providers, or off-site contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience in Enterprise Environments.
- Certified Associate in one or more certifications such as CCNA Routing & Switching, Data Center, Voice, Video, and/or Wireless
- Proven experience and success in Enterprise LAN, WAN, WLAN, and design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Extensive experience with the design, configuration and deployment of voice and data networks including LAN, MAN, WAN, VOIP, , circuits, routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy, CSU/DSU and other network infrastructure devices.
- Experience with phone system / voicemail management and support.
- Experience with the implementation and support of wireless technologies including Cisco WLAN switches and Access Points.
- Familiarity with secure configuration of network services such as DNS, WINS, SSH, SNMP, FTP as well as patch management.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of telephony systems, both PBX and IP Telephony systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with configuration and support of Cisco Call Manager, voice gateways and Cisco routers.
- Experience with a WAN environment utilizing MPLS and site-to-site VPN.
Specific Position Requirements
- Previous work experience in a “service desk" solution involving ticketing software, SLO/SLA and metric analysis.
- Full understanding of IPv4 subnetting/routing and firewall management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network provider services and understanding of SNA implementation principles, routing protocol options and LAN/WAN principles.
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines.
- Ability to solve network server problems or network infrastructure issues and to manage performance and capacity of WLAN/LAN/WAN environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients