UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We manage account access for approximately 2,000 Oracle databases with large variations in configuration and complexity of identity & access management solutions. We support an additional 20,000 databases of MS SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase, and DB/2 LUW; so additional RDBMS experience would be a plus for this position.
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for resolving Oracle database access provisioning issues.
Support database provisioning (automated account creation, role assignment, synchronization & failures, error queues and requests for assistance; from end users, database owners, audit, and compliance teams)
Perform Oracle related technical trouble shooting, RCA, and give consultation to database / application owners, and developers.
Manage the configuration of system profiles within the access provisioning tool.
Prioritize workload, provide timely and accurate resolutions, support and mentor the global database support team. (we are a shared knowledge team and operate at CMMI level 3)
Interface with Line of Business DBA’s for general technical support
Document and enhance existing business and technical processes surrounding user access provisioning and identity management for both automated and manual provisioning workflows.
Enforce security and policy standards and procedures
Support process improvements to continuously raise the stability and performance of provisioning, audit and compliance.
Provide provisioning administration training to Business and IT users.
Perform user acceptance testing (UAT) for provisioning system development.
Establish and manage overall project plans for small to medium size efforts.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise, equivalent experience, or industry certifications.
- 7 or more years of strong RDBMS database administration experience
- 2 or more years of Oracle experience with recent version (v10 – v12).
- 2 or more years of Identity & Access Management (IAM) experience
- 3 or more years of production support or technology administration supporting internal systems
- Must have prior Customer facing experience with good verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience hosting in-person as well as teleconference meetings (our team is global as is our customer base)
- Prior experience self-assign and manage workload along with providing support to the team and responding to escalations
- Other relational database experience (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase, DB/2, or other commercial RDBMs)
- Experience gathering and documenting project requirements/specifications using MS Excel, MS Visio, and / or MS SharePoint
- Demonstrable Role Based Access Control (RBAC) experience
- Server and / or Active Directory experience
- Experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices and multiple business
- Project Management experience
- Healthcare Industry experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.