Humana Ins. Co. is seeking an IT Program Manager for its Boston, MA location. The IT Program Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and closing of a broader collection of related projects or business objectives (a program) that are closely related and necessary as a whole in order to deliver on a given business goal or objective. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
• Develop the program strategy, supporting business case, and various enterprise wide high-level project plans.
• Ensure integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed.
• Communicate with IT leadership, business leadership and IT Business Consultants to communicate program strategy, direction and changes.
• Anticipate, evaluate, and resolve program issues, delays, and problems by utilizing program management and business expertise. This includes serving as an escalation point for project managers and project administrators.
• Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolio on time, within budget, and meeting business requirements.
• Develop a management-level dashboard of relevant metrics, for example: number of releases by month, number of open issues, and project status.
• Deploy and promote consistent, effective, and efficient execution of processes; recommend process improvements.
• Mentor and guide project managers and project administrators, technically and professionally.
• Essential and frequent interaction with Business and IT senior leadership.
Must have Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or related field and 5 years of progressive, post-bachelor’s related experience or a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or related field and 3 years of related experience. Required experience must include 5 years of experience (or 3 with a Master’s degree) in the following areas:
• Planning forward, establishing program level procedures and risk management;
• Developing communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities; incorporates an understanding of the value proposition of the program and project status reporting;
• Managing IT execution of multi-million dollar ($6 million - $20 million) complex programs supporting enterprise strategic business objectives;
• Establishing strategic initiatives and governance models from conception through implementation;
• Change Implementation Planning and Management;
• Working with IT Wellness Solutions;
• Vendor management and managing business relationships;
• Developing the program charter, integrated program plan, resource plan, contingency plan and related program artifacts;
• Performing financial forecasting and conducting on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures;
• Adhering to structured SDLC & Methodology experience (Waterfall & Agile);
• Working with large, virtual, international teams;
• Black Box Testing;
• Web development;
• Business modeling including MS-Visio & UML; and
• Project management tools including MS-Project, MS SharePoint and VersionOne.
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the SVP & Chief Information Officer.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Send cover letter and detailed resume to Humana, Attn: Kyle Lueken, Talent Acquisition, 500 West Main Street, Louisville, KY 40202, or apply online at www.humana.com/careers (Ref. # R-204384). EEO.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40