At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This position must sit in Charlotte, MPLS, Des Moines, Chandler, Phoenix, or St. Louis
EIT Group PMO (EIT GPMO) Overview:
The EIT GPMO drives standardization, scalability and consistency across Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) within project and program management services and functions. We provide best in class portfolio management and project execution on behalf of our business and technology partners. With focus on our partners, team members and execution excellence, we are comprised of three different groups:
- Portfolio Management Team:
With the ability to analyze both broadly across the portfolios and deeper into specific portfolios, our PMO leaders work with the CIOs and service domain leaders to ensure investments are effectively managed and in alignment with our vision.
- Portfolio Performance and Operations (PPO) Team:
Partners with the Portfolio Management team to drive execution across the EIT portfolio. The PPO team provides project managers, program managers, project coordinators and strategic support in delivering the Portfolio Management team’s assigned portfolio. Maximizes value for Wells Fargo stakeholders through global capabilities in program management, project management and project coordinator services.
- Process, Tools and Governance:
Ensures that well-informed, prepared and motivated project managers can effectively lead technology projects, while leveraging standard processes and tools to accelerate project value delivery across the enterprise.
The Program Manager 6 (PM6) will need to utilize strong influence and negotiation skills with business partners as well as other key senior level stakeholders across EIT and the enterprise to establish/maintain realistic project schedules and scope. Expert knowledge of IT program management practices and concepts. Ability to articulate experience in applying IT Program concepts to establish strategic plans and ability to lead project teams to accomplish defined objectives. This position is utilized as a senior level IT program manager that requires a strong ability to work across organizations or divisions, highly experienced speaking to and articulating program statuses and impacts to senior and executive leadership, and potentially dealing with topics of a highly sensitive in nature.
Responsible, directly and through matrixed team members, for overseeing all activities and people that are associated with Information Technology (IT) programs, comprised of application development, infrastructure, network and migration, and operational risk sub-program/projects that are highly complex and strategic in nature, typically with enterprise-wide scope, high risk and substantial financial impact. Experience interacting with Operational Risk, Audit and external Regulatory stakeholders preferred.
A successful PM6 will have the following skills/experience:
- High Level understanding of enterprise-wide lines of business and their major interacting IT systems
- Knowledge and awareness of delivery objectives for IT Programs and how they support overall Portfolio alignment
- Strategic ability to anticipate emerging issues and develops strategies to meet business needs.
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate with senior management and lead large project teams
- Capable of establishing and maintaining an effective IT program structure that emphasizes the coordination and prioritization of matrixed and dotted line resources across projects, managing key deliverables between the projects and the overall costs and risks of the IT program.
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of program management experience
- 4+ years of information technology experience
- 10+ years of experience managing project scope, schedule and cost
- 6+ years of experience identifying, documenting, escalating and resolving issues
- 3+ years of experience managing stakeholders
- 3+ years of communications experience
- 4+ years of Governance and Compliance experience
- 5+ years of risk identification and documentation experience
- 3+ years of experience leading matrixed resources
- 4+ years of experience leading multiple workstreams, applications, or deliverables
- 3+ years of experience managing and reporting on project financials
- 5+ years of relationship management experience with business and technology partners
- Knowledge and understanding of product or program management: development of roadmaps, strategies, and management of products ranging from concepts in ideation through to market delivery
- 5+ years of program management experience
- 10+ years of information technology experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
- Experience leading effective collaboration across a team of project managers focusing on different functional areas for the same project
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation in a financial services environment
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, processes, and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: creation of business cases, project initiation, development of comprehensive business requirements, and identification of project interdependencies
- Ability to effectively partner and influence at the executive level
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Project Management Universal Workstation (PMUWS) experience
- Exposure to Wells Fargo STAMP (System Time-reporting, Accounting Management for Projects)
- 5+ years’ experience leading highly complex, large scale technology program efforts with $20+MM program budget
- Experience leading large scale IT Programs, comprised of a collection of projects to meet business and technology scope and strategy within finite period of time, usually 1-3 years in effort; including planning, business case development, SOW development, forecasting and management of large multi-year budgets
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.