DescriptionThe IT Project Manager 2 oversees various system projects and/or programs of a highly complex nature. The IT Project Manager 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross-functional strategic initiatives. PMs lead a variety of different types of projects including launching new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, BPO arrangements, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering and infrastructure upgrades and deployments.
· Single accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given strategic initiative.
· Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
· Directs large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matric partners.
· Accountable for one or more initiatives including business, operational, and IT deliverables.
· Directly manages all aspects of the project life cycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all SDLC phases of a project.
· Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
· Validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation or resources and other related project expenditures.
· Develops communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities
· Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives.
· Chairs weekly Core Team and monthly Operating Committee meetings to review progress with key constituents.
· Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
· Develops the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project artifacts.
· Publishes periodic project status reports.
· Proposes recommendations and adjustments
· Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
· Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively.
· Sound business and technical acumen.
· Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
· Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbal
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete objectives.
· Demonstrated applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects.
· Excellent problem solving and critical-thinking skills.
· Exemplary core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK
· Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of the project management and SDLC methodologies and tools.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40