BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
IT PROJECT SPECIALIST
The IT Project Specialist - POS Systems is responsible for providing day-to-day support for IT projects relating to our Point of Sale operations. This person takes direction from project and program managers, completing tasks as assigned and may lead components of smaller projects with guidance from the project manager. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interacting with internal business stakeholders, outside vendors, and on-site consultants to facilitate project related responsibilities.
- Preparing reoccurring documentation such as meeting minutes, presentations, and other project communications
- Updating and analyzing results and budget information to help troubleshoot areas of concern
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Primary IT Liaison for projects with internal business stakeholders such as Operations, Membership, and Marketing.
- Drafting technical documents such as a ‘Standard of Procedure’ or ‘Statement of Work’ to be used internally by IT Team Members for problem determination and resolution or externally by procurement for vendor selection and project implementation.
- Requisitioning, acquiring, inventorying, and configuring IT equipment required for specific IT projects per Strategic Sourcing & Procurement guidelines.
- Creating and distributing IT project-specific communications and notifications to the business, including Home Office and the Field.
- Developing and executing deployment schedules for hardware implementation rollouts, ensuring projects remain on schedule and within budget.
- Planning and completing IT change controls per PCI and internal audit standards.
- Performing on-site support for IT Projects, displaying specific technical knowledge to resolve mission-critical issues including Point-of-Sale, Desktop, Distributed Systems, and Networking hardware.
- Maintaining data and telecommunications wiring throughout the chain, responding to emergency calls and coordinating repair or replacement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, with 3 years of related project coordination experience.
- Experience with implementation and/or support of POS systems in a retail environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- General knowledge of Project Management methodologies and a desire to pursue further education and related certifications in the project management career path.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.