Are you a fit?
Do you have a passion for driving higher levels of operational resilience through the delivery of business continuity planning? Do you enjoy evaluating and planning for the response to events which may disrupt critical business operations? If so, this role may be for you!
The Information Technology Risk Governance (ITRG) team has a great opportunity for a Business Continuity Consultant. The ITRG team is responsible for developing and implementing an IT Risk Governance framework within the Humana technology governance, infrastructure, and control environment.
You will assist the ITRG manager in implementing a Business Continuity Planning process across IT. You will be required to work with various levels of IT leadership, professionals, and technicians in the performance of your role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, facilitate, and evaluate IT business continuity planning exercises to validate the viability and effectiveness of BCPs and other recovery planning provisions. Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation related to such exercises
- Work with multiple teams to update and enhance their BCPs to bring existing materials current and enhance the organizations' ability to respond to, and recover from, disasters.
- Ensure that a documented inventory of IT processes with criticality ratings is accurate and up to date.
- Assist in identification of locations/facilities, associates and enabling systems required to support the IT Processes
- Design and conduct awareness and training events to educate personnel on the importance of business continuity planning and the details of their BCPs
- Maintain a regular schedule of testing both workplace and workforce disruptions on an annual basis
- Facilitate annual Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to determine and maintain IT process criticality.
- Work with ITRG Manager and Enterprise Resilience Office to identify and document BCP plans in Archer
- Build and own dashboard reporting to track and report on BCP activities.
- Assist SSM Manager in designing and conducting IT Service Sustainability assessments and exposure assessment workshops to determine potential service impacts, Service Sustainability Management maturity, and related information for IT Service Sustainability exposures.
- Support other key initiatives such as scenario analysis, issue tracking, exposure reporting, and other relevant activities as appropriate
- Working knowledge of Business Continuity and Information Technology
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Project Management experience
- Presentation skills
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and with the team, self-motivator.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Successful track record in facilitating and consulting across teams
- Ability to influence others
- General understanding of diverse technologies (i.e. mainframe, server, mobile, cloud)
- Certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CIA, CRISC, CGEIT, PMP
- A combined 2-5 years’ experience in business continuity planning, operational risk management, audit and/or IT/operations management
- Understanding of compliance requirements such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley, SSAE-18 SOC1 & SOC2, HIPAA, ISO27001, COBIT, VALIT, RISKIT, ITIL, COBIT, SANS
- Understanding of general requirements over a controlled environmental and physical security environment
- Advanced degree preferred
- Leadership ability
Scheduled Weekly Hours40